Friday, October 16, 2009

Week 1...Pre-C25K, October 12, 2009

Today is our 23rd Wedding Anniversary!

I'm using this week as a Pre-C25K week and maybe even next week. I don't want to do too much too fast. I'm out of shape, and over-weight, that's a fact. I'm reminded of it everytime I look at a picture of myself. So, I try not to have my picture taken. If it does happen, I sure don't want to look it!

I would like Rodger(husband) to run with me, but I don't think that's going to happen. I can always hope!

C25K is a 9 week program. I will be running 3 days a week with a rest day between each run day. I chose M-W-F as my run days. On my non-run days, I'll walk, use my eliptical or work out to a dvd.

Week 1 workout starts with a 5 minute warm-up and ends with a 5 minute cool-down. Then, jog for 60 sec, walk for 90 sec...for 20 min. I will also be stretching before and after my run. The stretching was suggested to me by our daughter. She believes stretching is very important. Candace (daughter) ran cross country in high school and competed at State two years. Our son, Jonathan, ran some too, but he was more into 4 wheelers or anything else with an engine!

Monday evening - What to wear? After many tears and lots of frustration, I finally found a shirt I felt comfortable wearing outside! Seems like every t-shirt I tried on hugged every roll and buldge! Shorts and shoes were no problem.

Ok, I head out the door for my 5 minute warm-up. What a shocker!! I thought those 5 minutes were going to kill me....how on earth could I jog for 60 seconds! Well, I knew then I would have to change the program to fit me. I would have to work up to Week 1 Day 1 of the C25K program. Made me sad, really sad. However, I didn't see myself as a failure, I saw myself as a successful beginner.

After my 5 minute warm-up, I took a minute to rest. Then I proceded to "jog" my 60 seconds.....didn't make it! I jogged 15-30 seconds tops. Walked 60-90-2 min, just whatever my body screamed for! This whole time I was hoping no one would drive by and see me. I was so embarrassed. Call it vain, call it whatever you want, I was still embarrassed.

After about 10 minutes, I decided it was time to stop. My whole body felt like jelly, my face was red as a beet and I just knew I was dying! I drag myself back to our house, make it inside and collapse on the couch. What in the world was I thinking .... Deadra Running????? I pull myself up, get a shower and make my way back to the land of the living.

I made it! I would live to see another day! What a feeling of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment